Monday 23 February 2015

Indian Skin & Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation : My Thoughts







I am beginning this blog post with a disclaimer that I am not a makeup artist neither an expert; as mentioned in a previous post I am starting a new make up journey and after getting my Real Techniques brushes together, I went for the ever popular Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation.

Now, it is a bit of a struggle matching foundations & concealers here in the UK if you have warm/ olive toned skin! Is it just me or its very overwhelming selecting the right shade? Let me know! Anyhow, I went for the shade 200 soft beige and I think it's a pretty decent match.

I am not a full coverage kinda gal so this works for me - light to medium coverage that you can build up. I use about 1 & a half pump, then buff it in with my Real techniques buffing brush. The trick is to take your time with the buffing.

SPF 15 makes it ideal for day time wear. The foundation has tiny flecks of subtle shimmer that don't really show up in photographs. And I really love the brightening and illuminating effect this has on the skin.

Pros
Budget buy
SPF 15
Buildable
Light to medium coverage
Radiant glow

Cons
Limited shades available if you are medium to warm toned
Not Full coverage- If full coverage is what you desire then you have to slather on a lot of the product which in my opinion is never a good idea.

Happy styling xo




No comments:

Post a Comment